Thank you for your interest in joining the Partnership for Philanthropic Planning. For a detailed listing of Partnership benefits, services,
and pricing click
here. If you would like
to join or renew, please click
There are three classes of Partnership membership: individual, council and provisional council. To find the council nearest you,
and their web sites, click
here for a map showing the regions of Partnership councils, or contact the Partnership Membership Department for more information, by calling (317)269-6274; email:
Partnership for Philanthropic Planning membership is open to individuals whose work or interests include developing, marketing, or administering charitable planned gifts. Those individuals include:
Planned giving officers
Major gifts officers
Directors of Development
Nonprofit CEOs and Executive Directors
Nonprofit board members and trustees
Volunteers and donors
Insurance and real estate professionals
Other financial services professionals and donor advisors
Membership Criteria for Individuals
- An individual member must pay Partnership dues. Two categories of dues exist for Partnership individual members, one for individuals who also belong to a Partnership-affiliated planned giving council and a higher amount for individuals who do not belong to a Partnership planned giving council.
- An individual member must be committed and consistently adhere to the objectives, philosophies, policies and procedures of the Partnership. As evidence of that commitment, the Partnership requires individual members to subscribe to its ethics code, the Model Standards of Practice for the Charitable Gift Planner. The high standard of conduct described in the Model Standards serves as a reference for individuals in day-to-day gift planning practice and as an important statement of our philosophical position on philanthropic planning.
Council and Provisional Council
Partnership for Philanthropic Planning membership is open to planned giving councils (also known as chapters, groups, roundtables, etc.) whose mission and purpose include facilitating, coordinating and encouraging the education and training of the planned giving community.
There are two categories of council membership, provisional and council. Provisional members are certain councils on planned giving who have applied for council membership and have yet to meet all membership requirements for council membership. Provisional members have all rights and benefits of council members except provisional members have no voting rights.
To achieve full council membership status, a provisional council must meet the following membership criteria:
- When a council has at least 15 members, the Partnership must initiate the process to bring the council to full membership. If
a council's membership drops below 15, the council's status will revert to provisional for a maximum of one year, during which the Partnership will provide membership recruitment and retention assistance.
- A council must have 15 paid-up members to be in dues compliance according to the provisions set forth in the Partnership's Dues Procedures.
- A council must be committed and consistently adhere to the objectives, philosophies, policies, and procedures of the Partnership. Commitment to these ideals should be evidenced by the council's mission statement and/or bylaws and activities.
The Partnership requires council ratification of the Model Standards of Practice for the Charitable Gift Planner, the Partnerships ethics code. The high standard of conduct described in the Model Standards serves as a reference for individuals in day-to-day gift planning practice and as an important statement of our philosophical position as a profession.
- Partnership council membership will be granted only to geographically-based councils on charitable gift planning whose membership meets on a regular basis.
- A council may be granted provisional status upon its initial application for Partnership membership. Provisional status will be granted to a council:
- with a minimum of three members
- with an application fee of $100
- for a maximum of one year
- A provisional council with 15 or more members may be granted full council affiliation upon compliance with all Partnership council membership criteria.